Friday, 11 April 2014

S T Y L E // french plait





Jeans, Diesel. Boots, eBay. Bag, H&M. Top, unknown. Jacket, H&M. Lipstick, Maybelline.

Here are a few rushed photos I asked my mum to take just before we went out for lunch and a coffee. This is the first french plait I've done on myself for years! I'm ashamed to say it's far from perfect, but it takes me back to my primary school days... There was no shortage of plaited hair in 2013 and those of you who are plait-lovers out there will be pleased to know that it's definitely not going anywhere for Summer 2014! 

If you prefer the messy plaits as seen on Rachel Zoe's models in her Spring 2014 ready-to-wear collection, or the sleek, tight french plait seen at Diesel Black Gold New York Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2014 show.

Rachel Zoe

Diesel Black Gold


A single plait, double, triple, quadruple or quintuple plaits.




Standard plait, french plait, fishtail plait, waterfall plait, milkmaid plait.




Any number and style of plaits goes this Spring and Summer! So my advice for you is to get practising (youtube tutorials are my personal favourite method of learning).

So, which plait will you be trying out on the run up to Summer?

(image source: google & tumblr)

No comments:

Post a Comment