Wednesday, 30 April 2014

P R O M O T I O N // jean paul gaultier exhibition

Shirt, New Look. Jean, Topshop (DIY ripped). Lace bralet, American Apparel.  Jacket, H&M. Hat, Topshop. Clutch, American Apparel. Nike Air Force 1.

I went to the Barbican to see 'The Fashion World of Jean Paul Gaultier; From the Sidewalk to the Catwalk' on Saturday. I apologise that it's taken me so many days to actually post about it, I have been working like crazy to make Fashion coursework deadlines, revise for upcoming exams and an interview for an Internship!!! I don't want to speak too soon about the internship so I'll keep that quiet for now.

The exhibition was absolutely amazing! As soon as I walked into it, I felt overwhelmed with excitement to witness the work of such a maverick designer. I seriously suggest that anyone and everyone goes to see it. Every collection was on show, and I even learnt that he often worked with my favourite photographer duo Inez & Vinoodh. 

There was entire section dedicated the iconic cone bra worn by Madonna, plus inspiring quotes from herself, Boy George, Kylie Minogue and many others on why they were so appreciative to work with Gaultier. 

I don't want to spoil too much for whoever is planning on going to see the exhibition.. It is on until 25th August of this year. 

I can't help myself but reveal a sneak peak of a few of my favourite photos which I took.






No comments:

Post a Comment